4. Processing purposes
This notice explains how, as a data controller, Clearfacts sprl, with headoffice Keizerinlaan 13-15, 1000 Brussels, part of the Isabel Group, (“we”, “us”, “our”), and offices at Uitbreidingstraat 66, 2600 Anvers (phone: +32 3 369 55 66) processes personal data we collect from you through the website www.clearfacts.be, the ClearFacts SAAS platform or our client portals.
5. Disclosure and transfer of personal data
In order to deliver our service to you and for the above purposes, we need to share your personal data with:
- ClearFacts and Isabel Group personnel with access on a “need to know” basis and to contractors who have signed a confidentiality agreement with us.
- Third party processors, located in the European Economic Area, who support us in the processing of your personal data only on our instructions and who are subject to appropriate confidentiality clauses:
- Google Analytics, which provides us with simple statistics on the number of unique visitors on our website.
- MailChimp, who allows us to send bulk mailings for newsletters and marketing campaigns.
- Government institutions or regulatory bodies in compliance with our reporting obligations.
6. Data security and retention
Your personal data is and will be kept strictly confidential.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data. This includes setting up processes and procedures to minimise the unauthorised access to, or disclosure of your personal data. We ensure that the third parties we share your personal data with also have adequate security measures in place.
We will store your personal data for as long as it is necessary to achieve the purposes defined in section 4 (Processing Purposes), with maximum retention periods as defined below:
- Data collected when you purchase services from us will be kept for 10 years after the end of the contract, as required by Belgian law.
- Data collected when you contact us with question will be retained until we have answered your questions.
- Data collected for statistics purpose are kept for 14 months.
- Data collected for marketing purpose will be kept for as long as we have your consent.
- Technical logs will be kept for a maximum of 60 days.
7. Automated decision-making and profiling
No automated decisions nor profiles will be taken about you as part of the processing described in this notice.
8. Your rights
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provided us in a structured, machine-readable format. In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular when we do not have to process your personal data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement).
Where we have asked for your consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time; however, this will not affect processing that have already taken place before the withdrawal. You may withdraw your consent by deleting the cookies linked to our domain.
You may exercise the above-mentioned rights by contacting us as described in the “Contact us” section below.
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information that we are required to keep by law or that we have a compelling legitimate interest to keep.
If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to the Data Protection Authority: https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/
9. Contact us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or wish to contact us for any reasons in relation to the processing of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer, by sending an email to email@example.com, or by sending a dated and signed request to Uitbreidingstraat 66, 2600 Anvers, Belgium.
10. Updates and privacy notice
We reserve the right to modify this notice at any time, but will in any case do so in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations. We will inform you by email, when possible, of any substantial changes to this notice.
This notice was last modified and revised on the 10/05/2019.